If we’ve said it once we’ve said it a thousand times – Men are impossible to shop for. Chalk it up to an unwillingness to ask for what they want or just not wanting much to begin with, whatever the case, we’ve spent more hours searching “what to get a guy” on Google than we have deciding what to wear to the countless holiday parties on our calendar (which is saying something). Let our pain be your gain. We’ve decided to help you out. Low and behold, eight gifts that are sure to make their way onto the wish list of even the most discerning of males.
- Filson Briefcase ($265) – Tell him to go ahead and put that backpack he’s been lugging around away and upgrade to adult status. This briefcase is not too stuffy but still appropriate for the office.
- Shinola ‘The Runwell’ Leather Watch ($550) – The equivalent of diamond earrings for women, nothing says “I love you” like a Shinola watch. If your guy doesn’t already have one, we promise he wants one.
- Burberry Cashmere Scarf ($475) – He needs one for practical reasons. You want him to wear one for stylistic reasons. This one is a win, win.
- Tom Dixon Lowball Glasses ($72 via Nest Dallas) – We dare you to find a male that doesn’t have Mad Men dreams of sipping bourbon out of lowballs in his office. Be the one to make his dreams come true.
- Mr. Porter Book Set ($90) – Want to give your man the gift of style without actually invading his closet? You know what they say about teaching a man to fish…
- Michael Kors Pullover ($175) – The holiday sweater is our fail safe. Kind of like getting your dad a tie for Christmas, only it feels a little more laid back and stylish than your traditional plaid corporate noose.
- Maison Margiela Sneakers (on sale for $693 at Forty Five Ten) – He’d probably try them on but never buy them for himself, which makes these leather sneakers the perfect holiday gift.
- Baxter of California Gift Set ($48) – If there’s one thing men are always on the lookout for, it’s facial products. And what’s more, they never know what to get. Trust us when we tell you that Baxter of California is what they have been looking for.
SHOP THE POST