As we round the corner into August, arguably the hottest month of the summer, the heat is officially starting to take hold. And if you’re anything like us, you’ll soon be looking for any way possible to cool yourself down as the temps begins to rise.
Ask us, there’s no better way to cool off than with a sweet frozen treat. Whether you like yours in a cone or cup, made with fruit or extra creamy, these 5 Dallas shops are where we head when we are looking for something sweet to beat the summertime heat.
- Howdy Homemade – Aside from their admirable mission, Howdy Homemade churns out excellent ice creams that are made in-house every day. Looking for creative flavor combinations you can’t find anywhere else? Try the Dr. Pepper chocolate chip ice cream, Avocado-lime, fruit punch, or sweet tea.
- Chills 360 – Thai rolled ice cream? Yep, all of that Instagram goodness and more can be yours at this Deep Ellum spot. Customize your cup of ice cream rolls on the spot with mix-ins (like strawberry and matcha) and plenty of toppings.
- Berrynaked – If fruity flavored popsicles are more your speed, these natural and fresh sweets are made with actual pieces of fruit, which make for a rather tasty (and photographable!) icy treat.
- Sprinkles Ice Cream – When you think Sprinkles, you might think cupcakes. But if you haven’t ventured to their Dallas and Plano outposts to try the ice cream, well you are surely missing out. With an abundance of flavors and ways to eat them (think cookie/ice cream sandwiches, sundaes and floats), there’s something for everyone.
- Steel City Pops – The best thing about this all natural popsicle shop is it’s flavor combinations. With two separate menus, one fruity and creamy lovers alike, they’ve got things like Lavender Lemonade and Avocado pops on the menu. They’re all worth a try, but we highly recommend the Pineapple Jalapeño if you can’t make up your mind.
SHOP THE POST