The days are getting longer, the sun is getting hotter and the need for sunscreen is becoming more and more of a necessity (although it should be an everyday, every season part of your beauty routine). While having a favorite sunscreen might not seem like much, those of us with fairer skin, kids or a knowledge of beauty products know that not all UV protection is created equal. So, in an effort to aid in the stocking of your summer arsenal, I’ve put together a list of my tried and true favorites.
- Mary Kay® Sun Care Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – The best part about this one is how quickly it absorbs – no sunscreen streaks here. It’s water resistant for up to 80 minutes, lightweight, oil-free and helps prevent against premature aging. Or, in other words, it does everything. A friend (who also happens to be an a exec in the beauty biz) turned me on to this – and I’ve been hooked ever since. As a p.s. – Check out the Mary Kay® Sun Care After-Sun Replenishing Gel. It’s a miracle worker, leaving you feeling hydrated, smooth and refreshed – perfect for après-sun (and not just sunburns).
- Sun Bum SPF 50 Original Sunscreen Lotion – There are so many reasons why this one made the list, not the least of which is the fact that it’s water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense – It is really difficult to formulate a physical sunscreen without using chemical screens or silicones, but Drunk Elephant has done just that. Oh, and they managed to make it sheer in coverage to boot.
- Kiehl’s Since 1851 Super Fluid UV Defense Ultra Light Suncreen – Is my preference for light sunscreens obvious yet? This one protects skin while helping to fight 90% of signs of skin aging, including lines and wrinkles and uneven texture and tone. UV protection with anti-aging benefits, what’s more to love?
- Supergoop! Antioxident-Infused Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C – This water-resistant formula uses 35% less alcohol content than other leading sunscreen sprays, but the best part about it is in the name: it’s antioxident infused and is chock full of Vitamin C.
- Cle de Peau Beaute UV Protective Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ – If you’ve got dry skin or the summer just dries you out, this is luxurious lightweight, high-performance sun protection especially for the face. It contains anti-pollution ingredients that defend against UV rays and moisturize for smooth, radiant skin.
- White Beauty Triple Protection Oil-Free FaceBlock SPF 105 – If you’ve got fair skin, the larger the number next to that SPF the better. It feels good and will do wonders to protect your beautiful face.
SHOP THE POST